Home >> Community Resources

City of Canby

When to Call 911

What’s an Emergency? 

Crimes that are in progress

  • Crimes that have just occurred (minutes, not hours)
  • Calls for medical help
  • Injury or unknown injury accidents
  • Any emergency where life or property is in immediate danger
  • An injury requiring immediate medical attention
  • A fire (not a controlled burn pile or other controlled fire)
  • A serious traffic accident
  • A violent dog has attacked a person (not just running at large)
  • A driver is dangerously swerving on the road
  • Someone is playing with guns

When in doubt, always call 9-1-1

Non-emergency Info

When you need to report a non-emergency, 503-655-8211 is the non-emergency number to call.  Callers who dial 9-1-1 to report a non-emergency will be transferred to an information line with the correct number to dial. Non-emergency calls are transferred from the 9-1-1 lines to ensure that people who need immediate, emergency help will have their call answered right away.

What is a non-emergency?

  • Crimes NOT in progress or HAVE NOT just occurred.
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Loud music or party complaints
  • Follow up calls on previous crime reports
  • Non-injury/Non-blocking accidents
  • Dead animals
  • Illegal parking
  • Complaints of fireworks
  • Residential burglaries, stolen vehicles or other crimes after they have occurred
  • Nuisance burning
  • Noise
  • Calls for police or fire information

The Canby Police Department contracts with Clackamas 911 for dispatch services. Call takers are professionally trained and certified to help you get the assistance you need regardless if you need the police, fire department, or an ambulance. 

For more information, visit the CCOM website at https://www.clackamas.us/911


Canby Police • 1175 NW 3rd Ave. • Canby, OR 97013
Emergency Dial 911 • Non-Emergency Dispatch 503-655-8211 • Business Phone: (503) 266-1104

Home | Contact Us | Copyright 2013 Site Design: WebsThatWork.net