The Uniform Patrol Unit is responsible for law enforcement activities that preserve public peace, prevent crime, and protect life and property.
Patrol Officers are highly trained and adept in responding to emergency and other calls for service and are committed to a mission of preserving the peace and protecting the public.
Canby Police Officers provide primary law enforcement services and emergency response to the city 24 hours a day. As the first responders to emergency and non-emergency calls for service, Police Officers also:
- Conduct crime investigations
- Provide deterrence to crime in our neighborhoods
- Enforce both criminal and traffic laws when violations are observed
- Provide traffic enforcement and investigate accidents
- Respond to tactical incidents
- Serve search and arrest warrants
- Engage in proactive community policing activities and educational strategies to raise citizen and business awareness
- Utilize selective proactive enforcement actions to reduce crime and address long term solutions to neighborhood crime concerns
The Uniform Patrol Unit has 17 FTEs consisting of 4 Sergeants and 13 Officers who work day and night shifts. Some members are assigned to pedestrian and traffic safety enforcement. For information about traffic safety or how to file a traffic complaint, see our Traffic Unit page.
To Contact a Uniform Patrol Supervisor:
For a complete list of Canby Police Department personnel, click on the Police Personnel link.